Ideas are spreading faster than ever, we have the ability to learn with people across the globe, and learning environments continue to become more open. These all have advantages, as the accessibility of education is astounding, but you sometimes have to question the quality. Are we sacrificing quality for quantity? I don't know the answer to that, but I do think that people should be more hesitant about accepting the validity of online knowledge that they are.
However, what concerns me more is that America as a nation does not seem to be keeping up with other countries in terms of e-learning. This is where the future of learning is, and we seem to be very slow to adapt.
On a side note, I spent some time on scribd the other night after class and I am fascinated by the amount of information on there. But again, you have to be careful about examining the quality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your question "Are we sacrifice the quality for quantity," and I also agree with your opinion that people should be more hesitatnt about accepting hte avlidity of line knowledge that they are.
I am happy to see that there are more and more emerging technology be applied in educaiton;however, what I usually see is that, instructors pull out all these new stuff to students and expect them to digest by themselves. As a result students doesn't benefit from technolgy application, and this is not what I want to see. Therefore, I think before using these emering technology, including the onlin resources, we should think through beforehand.
Post a Comment