Monday, December 8, 2008

Week 15 - Networks of Personalized Learning

Dr. Bonk got a shout-out in the New York times tidbit for this week!.....http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/business/17novel.html?_r=1&ex=1360904400&en=1d0f905569d45e41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

I really enjoyed this week's reading because I had no idea until I took this class this sesmester that these sort of tools and services were available. The readings this week really gave new meaning to the term of outsourcing, since this outsourcing is happening at a very basic, consumer level. Tutoring, personal assistants, what is next in the world of consumer service outsourcing? With the price differences that were quoted in the articles this week, I can only imagine that this is a trend that will experience rapid growth.

I was most interested in the LiveMocha.com readings because I think that is such an invaluable tool for those interested in learning a language. I'm inspired to learn something new myself, or at least brush up on my rusty high school Spanish and German!

No comments: